Hello, all. I know that the majority of people who read this aren't
related to me, and were under the impression they didn't have to give me a Christmas present. Well, you don't. My mom asks me to do this each year so it's easy for her and others to know what I want, especially since I'm living so far away now. The second reason is because I'm so into knitting, and therefore most of the items below are kind of specialized. Thanks in advance!
- Anything from my Chapters wishlist. It won't give me a direct link, but just go to the wishlist site and type in my email address (newsfromtheunderground at hotmail dot com) and you'll find it.
- This shirt, or this one, or this one, or especially this one . . . (I'm obsessed with t-shirts. Men's size M please!)
- 12 balls of Knitpicks Sierra, to make Starsky
- While we're at Knitpicks, I'd love to make this sweater (largest size). Steeks!
- I don't really need any needles, but if you feel the need, I like Boye needles best. The only place I've been able to find them reliably is Wal-Mart. They're different colours. Either that or the Boye Needlemaster kit, at Michaels. It's an interchangeable needle kit like my Denises. It's kind of expensive so for heaven's sake wait for a 40% or 50% coupon to buy it.
- I've got a ton of projects in my head for Patons Soy Wool Stripes. I want to make at least an afghan, a sweater and a pair of felted slippers out of it. So I would appreciate any balls at all of the stuff. Natural Geranium is my favourite colour, but I like all the others too. I estimate needing about 15 balls for the sweater and 2-3 for the slippers. The afghan is going to be Lizard Ridge, so I can work that one square at a time. Basically this is a roundabout way of saying I like this yarn, and any amount would be useful. Michaels has the best price on it.
- Any sock yarn. Plain, variegated, striping, anything. Just go to a yarn store and ask where their sock yarn is. You'd have to go to a real yarn store to find sock yarn.
- A swift and ball winder. There's a pattern for a swift you can make yourself here (pdf). A swift is more important than a ball winder.
- A surprise! Surprises and experiences are always the best.