Thursday, November 02, 2006

"Don't question why she needs to be so free...

She'll tell you it's the only way to be." - The Rolling Stones, "Ruby Tuesday"

That sums up my relationship with knitting more than anything else. It's not because I love it, or because I like it, or because I have vast amounts of disposable income. It's not because I get bored on the bus or need warm sweaters or need something to do with my hands while I watch TV.

Philosopher's Wool Co. postcard

It's because I can't see myself not doing it. Not because I can't see myself doing anything else, because I read and write and sew and bind books and decoupage and am probably only a few years away from sending away for taxidermy school by mail. But knitting is part of my life, it's what I do.

2 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely said, redhead.
xoxo

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

xoxoxoxxoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home