Friday, November 10, 2006

I try to think of myself as so far behind the times that I'm ahead

Saw Stephanie Pearl-McPhee yesterday, and she was fantastic, even better than in Seattle because there was a much smaller crowd than in Seattle. Too spent (man, that word makes me feel like a brittle dowager) to write about it now, but I promise I will, unlike before.

So now a meme.

48 things

1. FIRST NAME? Sarah

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No, my parents just thought it suited me. I like it. My middle name is a family name, though. I've grown to like that one better in the last few years.

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Oh, probably just a few days ago.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Print is tolerable. Cursive is dreadful, and it'll never get better because I do it so few & far between that sometimes I forget how to make letters.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? If I'm making the sammich, turkey. If it's in a deli, Montreal smoked meat.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Ooooh, not a good time to ask. Possibly. My mom and I are a lot alike and we get along most of the time.

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Depends, what are you reading right now?

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Maybe. In Mexico I did that thing - I forget the term - where it's like hang-glidingbut you're attached to the back of a motor boat.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? The limited edition Pirates of the Carribean cereal. It's chocolate and marshmallows. I've had Halloweens with less sugar than there is in a single bowl of that stuff.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No, I believe in efficiency (read: laziness).

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I am fairly strong when it comes to lifting and hauling. Nice side-effect of working in a liquor store; there's always lots of heavy boxes. As for emotionally - maybe not so much, but I have Opinions on emotional strength, so we won't go down that road.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? I'm not much of an ice cream person, but I bear an unnatural affection for anything Ben & Jerry's, especially if it has cookie dough in it.

14. SHOE SIZE? US 10

15. RED OR PINK? Pink right now. I think I skipped over the whole pink stage when I was little and have recently reverted fiercely.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Right now, my procras(note to self: finish this part later)

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? The whole community effect you get with living in a small town. You don't even realize it was there until you leave. It wasn't some hotspot of Southern-style hospitality, but when you've lived, gone to school and worked in a town for nearly ten years, you are bound to recognize someone at Starbucks.

18. WHAT FOOD WILL GET YOU OUT OF BED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT? Chocolate.

19. WHAT COLOUR TROUSERS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Jeans, "The Monkey Represents Sharing" t-shirt, and my last pair of clean socks. They're yellow.

20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Starbucks gingerbread latte. Did you know they changed the Cranberry Bliss Bar? It used to have a delicious, moist, spicy gingerbread base and they changed it to bloody shortbread! I'm pissed.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? "Jack's Obsession", from the Nightmare Before Christmas.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Bronze. That was always the coolest crayon. The gold one was crap.

23. FAVORITE SMELL? Right now, chocolate-covered ginger.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My aunt.

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? I have no idea. Probably different things on different people. Let's politick and say their strongest distinguishing feature.

26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM? Yes, though I've never met her

27. FAVOURITE DRINK? Right now, Irish hot chocolate.

28. FAVOURITE SPORT? This would presume any interest in sports. Fine, hiking.

29. EYE COLOUR? Blue.

30. HAT SIZE? I have a 22-3/4" head. I wish I knew the old hat sizes. People really should go back to wearing hats. I enjoy hats.

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Only when I'm feeling like it.

32. FAVORITE FOOD? Thin-crust spinach pizza. I may have, hypothetically, once eaten a whole one.

33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy, I admit it.

35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Yuck. Spring or fall. T-shirt and jeans weather.

36. HUGS OR KISSES? Both. Don't be a hater.

37. FAVOURITE DESSERT? Rhubarb pie.

38. WHAT SIDE OF THE BED DO YOU SLEEP ON AND WHY? Dead centre. It's my bed; I'll spread out if I want.

39. IF YOU DIDN'T MAKE THE DECISION TO GET MARRIED AND HAVE A FAMILY, WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING TODAY? What? What??? I have Issues with this question. Watch out, they may soon become Opinions. Oops, too late.

40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? At Knit's End, by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee; In Cold Blood, by Truman Capote; a travel guide to Montreal; I, Robot, by Isaac Asimov; A Most Uncommon Degree of Popularity, by Kathleen Gilles Seidel; and a biography of Frida Kahlo.

41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Optical mouse, don't need one.

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Celebrity Jeopardy and Grey's Anatomy.

43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Right now it's quiet.

44. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Both. I've always loved the Beatles, but am now getting into the Stones. Gimme Shelter and Ruby Tuesday are on a first-half-of-Abbey Road kind of brilliance. I have yet to find anything close to matching the second half of that album anywhere in music.

45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Xian, China.

46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Knitting. And boring people to tears with historical facts I find very interesting.

47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Halifax, Nove Scotia. Did you know that Handmaiden (or it could be Fleece Artist) makes a yarn called Scotian Silk? They also have one named Ottawa. Both are unbelievable.

48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Stolen from Jen.

1 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed the Harlot when she was near me...child care issues...but my friends got me an autograph. Somehow it wasn't quite the same. I'm glad you have gotten to see her.

Loved the meme - it answered a couple of questions I was going to ask you. *grin*

Have a lovely weekend and stay warm!

Your SP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home