Monday, November 27, 2006

Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

Crazy essay week tally: 1 down, 2 to go. Ernest Hemingway, you can take your delicately crafted objectivity and . . . I don't know what he should do with it. But I know what I did with it: wrote a bitchin' essay (on "Hills Like White Elephants", if you're interested).

Just kidding. I like Hemingway. As a writer. I probably would have shot him myself if I'd known him in person.

Now all I have to do is take what I did to Hemingway, and apply it to American neutrality 1933-1940 and . . . oh crap, I don't know what I'm writing my film paper on. *whistles innocently*

Can someone please tell me why I'm not an English student? They get to take aforementioned 3-page stories and pull theses out of their asses about them, without having to prove a damn thing! Whereas hardworking history students (or, you know, me) have stacks of books like this sitting on their desks. Mocking them.

Please note, the Hugh Laurie book doesn't count. I just put it up there to make me feel better. It's a panacea.

Edited to add on Monday morning: my friends who go to UBC have a snow day today. A snow day! In Vancouver! It hasn't snowed ONCE yet this year here!

3 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the H'way essay. I keep meaning to try his books again, I shdn't let my distaste for his person affect my view of his work.

One down...more work to go. Chin up, you're a terrific writer; and not only can you sound like you know what you're going on about, you generally do.

And the Hugh Laurie is completely acceptable as a ref book - after all, Blackadder is historically accurate, right - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha thump (falling off chair laughing).

p.s. enjoy your weather. Check out weather channel or something to see what it looks like out here - it's cra-azy!

p.s. verfication word = dfoozt, which just makes me happy.

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy L.M. Day!!

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, just had to add another comment cuz you know what the verification word is ??????

p a t o n

crazy, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home