Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Running in Reykjavik

I know I haven't written for a while, but things have been hectic* lately. Just wanted to pump for a good cause. My mom asked me to mention here (to all of my eight readers) a really great thing her coworker Waleah is doing. Waleah, in addition to being quite a nice person, is running a full marathon to fight diabetes along with her SO, Michael. You can read the full 'origin story' here. It's going to be held in Reykjavik, Iceland this August (not June. My bad)!

Iceland!

Anyway, they need $12,000 in donations together. So if you can spare it - every little bit helps. C'mon, people! Diabetes! You can follow them on their blog, and/or make a direct donation right here.

(If you don't get the fascination with Iceland, you need to read more Princess Diaries books.)

*Where 'hectic' is the variable, let 'hectic' equal any of the following: exams, back pain, money, work, scholarships, parents, and falling off the Use What You Have wagon. Hard.

3 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Waleah Blais said...

Hey Sarah! Thanks so much for plugging our Reykjavik Adventure and Fundraising. Looks great what you put! Just so you know, our Marathon is in August. Believe it or not Iceland has a number of marathon's they host each year and one of them is in June, but I just wanted to clarify that ours is August 19, 2006. I'm so excited.
Thanks again. Hope you are having a great time in Ottawa!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Fixed! Thanks for letting me know.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger FreddyBeachPete said...

Count me as your 9th reader! Found your blog in the course of searching for sites related to diabetes marathon fundraisers. Like Michael and Waleah I am raising $$ for the diabetes association. Running the NYC marathon in November. All the best,

Peter
www.petermcdrunning.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home