Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I just joined Facebook

Yes, I drank the Kool-Aid.

So get this. In Facebook, you HAVE to sign up see anything. And then you have to be friends with people to see their pages. It's like MSN except more secure (i.e. you can still see people's Spaces even if you're not contacts).

And my list of email/MSN contacts is fairly small. So I'm scrolling through my friend Tim's list of contacts to see who's there, to add them. Tim only moved to my hometown from Calgary in grade 9, but he knows EVERYONE. There are 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, but only 5 of Tim.

Speaking of which . . . I came across Tim's friend Bob [unique last name] from Calgary. I say to myself, I say "Self, could this possibly be the same Bob YOU know that, at last knowledge, hailed from Calgary?"

Yes, yes it was. I knew Bob (kind of hard not calling him Bobby) ever since I was 4 or something ridiculous like that. I think I last saw his family on a trip to Alberta in the summer of 1997.

1997! He went to the same middle school as Tim!

If you ever lose a valuable or pet goldfish, ask Tim. He'll have it.

1 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how is Bob doing? UVic I think?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home