Thursday, June 15, 2006

In conversation, she spoke just like a baroness

Blech. I am gross and sick and stuffed-up. I honestly wanted to do a proper entry, but . . . no. SO! Here are some links that always make me laugh:

Free to a Good Home. A guy on craigslist trying to get rid of a cat. No matter how many times I read this, I always always laugh out loud, so be warned.

George Lucas in Love. Think Shakespeare in Love, only with George Lucas instead. Video and sound.

How to Write Screenplays. Badly. Just plain hilarious, and they update fairly regularly.

Wordplay. Ever heard of the screenwriting team Ted Elliot & Terry Rossio? No? How about those little-seen art house flicks Aladdin, Shrek and Pirates of the Carribean? This is their site.

Mows, an adorable and eerily accurate webcomic about 3 cats.

White Ninja Comics. See, there's this white ninja, and he . . . Well, just read it. Also, he looks just like my little brother. I'm serious. "That's cuz HOCKEY RULES!"

Uh . . . what else . . . right now I really like the songs "Hips Don't Lie" (Shakira ft. Wycleaf Jean), "Black Horse & Cherry Tree" (KT Tunstall), "Woman King" (Iron & Wine), and "Zephyr Song" (the Red Hot Chili Peppers).

OK, fine, here's a cute picture of my cat Marlowe.


Awww.

Edited to add: check out this here video of my friends! How to describe it? Well . . . there's these four guys, and they lipsync to "Tunak Tunak Tun". There's wigs, and a car, and a gap in continuity (how long ago did you guys shoot this?), and awesome editing. According to Stefan, it's part of a larger whole - the near-mythic Aufbau.

1 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, finally saw the Lucas one & it is brilliant. Had trouble with the Tunak one, kept freezing at about the half-way mark.
Love ya,
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home