Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Secret Pal 8 info

I was so disappointed today! I kept checking my email but I didn't get my SP8 (I pronounce it "spate"!) info. Then I checked and saw that while signups closed April 30, partner info may not be sent out until May 15.

Well, I feel sheepish.

Sheep!
Anyway, info!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love wool, especially merino. I also like alpaca, wool blends and some acrylics - Bernat Satin and Caron Simply Soft come to mind. I don't like knitting with cheap, rough acrylic or dishcloth-style cotton.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I store my Denises in their kit, my straights in a needle case and my dpns in a drawer.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
2-1/2 years. I would consider myself to be intermediate - I can handle a lot of different techniques and am just dipping my toe into the serious design pool.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Cinnamon, mango and pear are all good.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
HECK YEAH I got a sweet tooth. I like American Hershery bars, plain and with almonds, and Canadian Hershey toffee & almond bars. I also love love love Phillipine brand dried mango, and basically any type of really good milk or dark chocolate.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I also make notebooks out of old hardcovers and record albums. I quilt and sew a bit. I'm thinking of learning how to crochet. I do basic crafty stuff like decoupage. I really want to learn to spin - hopefully I'm going to take classes this autumn.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I guess the best classification is classic rock. There's a list of the bands I like in my profile. But my brother is into music like I'm into knitting, so he's always pushing music on me. So I've got kinda diverse taste. My computer can play mp3s.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favourite colours are green and blue. I generally like colours that are deep - jewel-y tones, though not necessarily shiny. I don't like pastels or anything that's too much of a "crayon" colour.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
This summer I'm living with my mom, dad and younger brother in Vancouver. The rest of the year I live with my aunt and cousin in Ottawa, where I go to school. The Vancouver house has 3 cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, yes, yes and no.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love socks, and I'm trying to knit more garments now, like sweaters.

13. What are you knitting right now?
I'm doing the finishing on my Picovoli and Boobholder, have two pairs of socks on the needles (one for me, one for my mom), one sweater for me, and I'm swatching for a gift sweater. Normally it's less than this, but I've been to the yarn store lately.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I have a Denise set which I love, but I'm also trying out more straights. I'm never really used any bamboo, but I prefer aluminum over plastic.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
My dad and I are planning on making a swift this summer, but I don't have a yarn winder.

17. How did you learn to knit?
I taught myself Labour Day 2004, out of Debbie Bliss's How to Knit.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
As far as UFO and not "waiting for the frog pond", probably a triangular garter stitch shawl for my mom. It's got to be at least a year and a half old. I know, bad daughter.

19. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas.

20. Is there anything that you collect?
Does yarn count? ;) No, I try not to.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Always! My latest book-lust obsessions are Big Girl Knits and Knitting Rules. I also like almost all of Stephanie Japel's patterns, but I don't have any way to buy online (which is probably a good thing). I don't have any magazine subscriptions.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'd like to try more Fair Isle, and I've got a real hankering for lace but haven't been able to find any laceweight.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am a sock knitter! All hail the mighty sock! Uh . . . yeah. My foot is 10" long, and both my leg and foot are 9-1/2" around.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
03/09.

Thank you, SP! I can't wait until I get my partner's info.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home