Thursday, September 14, 2006

Don't make me send a telegram to Rooster, he'll shoot ya

Yes, Swallowtail's finished blocking. No, I don't have any photos yet. It was finished three days ago, and I still haven't taken photos. It's because I think I'm going to (gasp!) have to re-block it. I just pinned it out at the corners and centre back, then pinned in between there, then inbetween those pins, and so on . . . Well, I hadn't read Stephanie's elegant method, and the top is all scalloped. It's very beautiful otherwise, but I'm not convinced all those 208 nupps were worth it.

Anyway, for your entertainment, I present the following little list, tentatively titled "Things You Do Not Want to Hear Your Bus Driver Say, Never Ever Ever." I had some details before, but I think it works better it you get about the same information I had.

"Oh, shit!"
"Think, man, think!"
"Don't look! No, seriously, don't look!"

For bonus points when you're on the bus, read a biography wherein the protagonist is crippled for her lifetime in a gruesome bus crash. There were . . . vivid details.

5 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've read about her accident, and it was pretty gruesome. Get some good visuals of that in the Salma Hayek biopic. Alfred Molina is good (as always) as Rivera.

She had a lot of pain, psychic & otherwise in her life. Made for some amazing paintings, tho.

Tell me you haven't heard YOUR bus driver say any of those things, tho, k???

p.s. ?shooting Rooster?

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Yup, it really was my bus driver.

Rooster = reference to Idlewild.

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear.

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, you can't ask me why but I want to know how to purl, AND how to do seed stitch. Tried googling both and got either word-only instructions, or pictures that I couldn't follow. Can you suggest a source? I don't think you can teach me over the phone, I need something I can refer back to as needed. Any book or author I can check out of the library, that you would recommend?

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Try the videos on knittinghelp.com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home