Sunday, September 10, 2006

bang bang boom

During a hot date with Hugh Laurie last night, I cast off Swallowtail. Then I put my yarn and needles away and lay down and watched the rest of the DVD.

And now I still haven't touched the shawl. I wonder why. Maybe it's because I'm nervous. Maybe it's because I was accidentally monogamous to this project. Normally I'm picking up and discarding projects so quickly that passersby are in quite serious danger of getting a dpn to the eyeball, but I didn't even think of not working on Swallowtail.

Well, screw this. I know it's going to look great. Once more unto the T-pins and all that.

3 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

Wow! That was quick. Please pick it up again and block it! I can't wait to see the finished shawl!

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so not 4 days but pretty darn fast. And yes, it is odd for you to have been so monogamous to one project - the others ARE jealous. p.s. it was a bit cool in the evenings this weekend, I got to wear BOTH my pairs of hand-knit socks (not at the same time). I love them - you have created either a monster or a life-long gift solution.
xoxox

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Once more unto the T-pins and all that."

Yeah, I'd like to see Scott Bellis deliver THAT line....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home