Sunday, September 03, 2006

And here we go

I think I've got all the makings for a great road trip, don't you?

I've got my nearly-finished work in progress...

By the way, these chairs I keep posing things on? My dad built 'em. Beautiful, eh?

This is It's a Wrap!, a free pattern from the Garter Belt. I'm making a variation on Take 2 by Elizabeth. Hers was a light worsted linen/cotton, while mine's the aran-weight wool-mohair by Fleece Artist I wrote about here (and therefore a lot smaller than hers - 39 stitches rather than 79). This is just zooming along - I started it Tuesday night waiting in line at Bard and was more 75% done by Thursday.

I've got my upcoming project...

Three skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in Navy, for the Swallowtail Shawl in the latest IK. I'm thinking of using 5.5 mm needles; I'm bringing my Denises so I'll have the choice. (Also, I have so many things on the needles that I have to use the cord that It's a Wrap! is on right now.)

And I've got more Great Big Sea and Barenaked Ladies than you could shake a stick at...


I can't think of any better way to end the summer. Let's roll!

PS. I didn't realize just how freaking Canadian this post was until I finished. Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, Fleece Artist, a road trip, Great Big Sea, the 'Ladies . . . I'm really rather proud.

2 Comments:

At 3:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too. Great day. Love ya,
Mom

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still very glad we did that trip. Miss you like crazy already.
xoxo
p.s. Charlotte sez WTF??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home