Thursday, December 01, 2005

Lists

Hell = working until into the ungodly wee hours of the morning on a project, then staying up even longer to take a chance on yet another Sophie Kinsella book.
Heaven = enjoying it, in an adrenaline-filled way. Even the book. (The Undomestic Goddess, by the way. It's the . . . good god, the fifth Sophie Kinsella book I've read, and the only one I've enjoyed. )
Hell = learning I did the project wrong.
Heaven = getting a chance to add in the missing bits, and not having to do another essay, because...
Hell = learning the project isn't actually due until next week.

Things I have learned so far this year:
  1. Moving out is really hard.
  2. Laundry doesn't do itself.
  3. What a double-double actually is. (I thought it was a size.)
  4. Tests are easy.
  5. Projects are hard.
  6. Crafts don't make (or buy) themselves.
  7. Craftsales are designed to be delightful diversions for shoppers, and soul-grinding torture for vendors.
  8. I hate doing laundry.
  9. I miss Starbucks, despite realizing just how really super-expensive it is.
  10. Paper crafts actually are really fun. (Yes, yet another section of Michaels to poke around in for hours.)
  11. People have much lower expectations of you than you do of yourself. (Why, why, why is my perfectionist side only coming out now???)
  12. Laundry is pretty much the dullest thing on earth.
Things I want to do when I come home
  1. Drink Starbucks, and lots of it. In fact, I am going to through down the gauntlet and say I am not leaving YVR without a latte in hand.
  2. Spend lots of time with my family and friends.
  3. Eat lots of mandarin oranges. You can't get any good ones out here yet.
  4. I can't think of anything more right now...but I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home