ListsHell = working until into the ungodly wee hours of the morning on a project, then staying up even longer to take a chance on yet another Sophie Kinsella book.
Heaven = enjoying it, in an adrenaline-filled way. Even the book. (The Undomestic Goddess, by the way. It's the . . . good god, the fifth Sophie Kinsella book I've read, and the only one I've enjoyed. )
Hell = learning I did the project wrong.
Heaven = getting a chance to add in the missing bits, and not having to do another essay, because...
Hell = learning the project isn't actually due until next week.
Things I have learned so far this year:
- Moving out is really hard.
- Laundry doesn't do itself.
- What a double-double actually is. (I thought it was a size.)
- Tests are easy.
- Projects are hard.
- Crafts don't make (or buy) themselves.
- Craftsales are designed to be delightful diversions for shoppers, and soul-grinding torture for vendors.
- I hate doing laundry.
- I miss Starbucks, despite realizing just how really super-expensive it is.
- Paper crafts actually are really fun. (Yes, yet another section of Michaels to poke around in for hours.)
- People have much lower expectations of you than you do of yourself. (Why, why, why is my perfectionist side only coming out now???)
- Laundry is pretty much the dullest thing on earth.
- Drink Starbucks, and lots of it. In fact, I am going to through down the gauntlet and say I am not leaving YVR without a latte in hand.
- Spend lots of time with my family and friends.
- Eat lots of mandarin oranges. You can't get any good ones out here yet.
- I can't think of anything more right now...but I will.