Saturday, January 14, 2006

Random Act of Kindness

I got the most wonderful RAK* from BubblesTiggy the other day! She PM'd me to let me know it was coming, which was great because then I had the sweet thrill of anticipation. :D And then of course I waited until now to post my gratitude. Thank you, BubblesTiggy!

Oh, and apologies for the not-so-great photos. As always, click to see a larger version. Why, you would, I have no idea, but hey.

From left to right: candy canes, a little pocket-size notebook (perfect timing, as one of my New Year's resolutions is to spend less, so I'm going to write everything down), and handmade stitch markers. These are great because one of my very favourite stitch markers broke the other day, and it's not like I don't lose them easily enough as it is.

She also sent me some Kool-Aid! I'd been hemming and hawing about buying Kool-Aid (see above re: saving $$$). Of course I sweat over $0.59 and think nothing of laying down $40 at Michaels, but that's a different post all together. I didn't get a photo of the Kool-Aid because I might have knocked over my own grandma (not really, Grandma! Love you!) (seriously, I would have) to get to the microwave. This is the yarn while it was drying. It used to be some Patons Kroy in "Blazing Blue".

(There was also an attempt to dye a hat. It didn't work so well. Well, technically I suppose it did. But I don't like it. So you won't see it. So there.)

This is the (dry!) dyed yarn next to the original colour. (Oh yeah. It was only sale for $2.99/ball. I rock.) I think I'm going to use the blue with some white for the Latvian mittens from Handknit Holidays, with the green as the accent colour. Then again all that bright colour may not work. We'll see.
By the way, the quote visible in the background there is: "If you're trying to please everyone, then you're not going to make anything that is honestly yours, I don't think, in the long run." Viggo Mortensen, a very multi-talented and inspiring guy, said it. I found it when I was working my brains out for my last craft fair. It really helped me, so I keep it on my desk to remind me.

Thank you again so much BubblesTiggy! This plus a new episode of House made Tuesday night so worth staying up late to write stupid Cdn. Hist. homework.

*RAK = Random Act of Kindness. You put up a list of what you'd like, send your address to the mod, then if someone feels like sending you something they can. Completely random and no need to reciprocate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home