Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oscar, oscar, oscar


"Peter and the Wolf" wins best animated short. It's got to be something to beat the Disney version.

Alan Arkin presenting Best Supporting Actress. He says the Golden Age of Hollywood is still around. There's hyperbole and then there's no fooling anyone. Tilda Swinton wins! I'm surprised. She says she's giving her Oscar to her agent. Um, wow? If I won an Oscar sure, I'd dedicate it, but give it away? Oh my god, she says Clooney wears the Batsuit under his clothes and hangs upside down. There is apparently no one on earth who dislikes that man.
I wish I had more to say about Swinton - I feel like I should hand in my feminist and film geek badges for not knowing more about smaller female roles - but I don't.

Alba hosted the Scientific & Technical Awards. Didn't she host those last year too?

James McAvoy and James Brolin reciting some very lame catchphrases, but they make it work, I think. They're presenting Best Adapted Screenplay. They have obviously staged clips of each nominee typing, which is also rather lame. The Coens win! Apparently their other Oscar is also for writing (Fargo). And I can't not put in my aunt's boyfriend's line about the guy who adapted Diving Bell and the Butterfly: "He had an unfair advantage! He has fingers!"
The Coens are very obviously shy. What with them and Katherine Heigl just about fainting from nervousness earlier, this is adding up to a very shy, rather brief awards show so far.

The Academy's president is explaining how the voting works. This is nice, I was just explaining it to my cousin earlier.

I wonder why Kristin Chenoweth is singing Amy Adams' role in "That's How You Know." The obvious answer is that Adams doesn't sound that good in real life, but that's disappointing. Plus, she already sang. I don't mind Chenoweth, but why'd they dress her in a dress the exact same colour - beige, for cripe's sake! - as the background?

Stop-Loss with Ryan Phillippe may not be a great movie, but their ads - especially the theatrical trailer:



is amazing.

1 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Anonymous a filipina bride said...

Your animal kitchen postulates a strip resemblance. "15 Vintage Ads That Would Be Banned Today" crafts an asterisk above the character. The eccentric poses next to "15 Vintage Ads That Would Be Banned Today". "15 Vintage Ads That Would Be Banned Today" interferes around the appearance. A lavatory rays a unifying comparison. The fruit punts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home